Switching overvoltage protection block (RC-circuit)
Switching overvoltage protection block is designed to protect the coil insulation of power transformers and electric motors with voltage of 6 and 10 kV from surges when using a vacuum breaker.
BZKP reduces the amplitude values and the natural frequency of the transition process to a level ensuring the absence of re-ignition. Protection works with all kinds of switching. Block parameters are calculated using specially developed software.
- surges are reduced to an acceptable level;
- longer service life of the protected equipment.
The monolithic body of BZKP can increase the strength and reliability of the design. The body is made of a material posessing following characteristics:
- high dielectric strength of 15 kV/mm;
- wide temperature range of -45...+ 80°c
- high elasticity of the material;
- resistance to oil and gasoline;